bit of a craving...?
Like I have said, it is extremely difficult for me to eat and the stuff that looks appetizing is full of gluten. I went to Kroger this morning to find donuts that were gluten free and then ran across these yummy things.
I want our kiddo to see the big events that have been going on in the 9 months leading up to its birth. Sadly, this isn't so happy :(
AURORA, CO -- A gunman in a gas mask barged into a crowded Denver-area theater during a midnight showing of the Batman movie on Friday, hurled a gas canister and then opened fire, killing 12 people and injuring at least 50 others in one of the deadliest mass shootings in recent U.S. history.
The suspect was taken into custody and identified by federal law enforcement officials as 24-year-old James Holmes. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation."Every few seconds it was just: Boom, boom, boom," she said. "He would reload and shoot and anyone who would try to leave would just get killed."
Authorities did not release a motive. The FBI said there was no indication that the shooting is tied to any terrorist groups.
FBI agents and police used a hook and ladder fire truck to reach Holmes' apartment in suburban Denver, Aurora police Chief Dan Oates said. They put a camera at the end of 12-foot pole inside the apartment, and discovered that the unit was booby trapped. Authorities evacuated five buildings as they determine how to disarm flammable and explosive material.
The gunman released a gas that smelled like pepper spray from a green canister with a tag on it, Seeger said.
"I thought it was showmanship. I didn't think it was real," she said.
Seeger said she was in the second row, about four feet from the gunman, when he pointed a gun at her face. At first, "I was just a deer in headlights. I didn't know what to do," she said. Then she ducked to the ground as the gunman shot people seated behind her.
She said she began crawling toward an exit when she saw a girl about 14 years old "lying lifeless on the stairs." She saw a man with a bullet wound in his back and tried to check his pulse, but "I had to go. I was going to get shot."
PRAYING FOR THOSE IN AURORA, COLORADO RIGHT NOW. MY YIAYIA USED TO LIVE IN AURORA AND WE USED TO VISIT ALL THE TIME :(
On a happy note, we are breaking the news to my sister tonight! woo!

No comments:
Post a Comment