So around 10pm we were finally transferred to a room and I talked about how I was going to try to not have an epidural but I was not opposed to it. We went ahead and started an iv and then started the monitoring of my contractions and Maxim's heartbeat.
My contractions were fairly managable and I was doing well. I had a lavender blanket that we put on top of me and it was wonderful and soothing.
I plateaued at 3cm and we soon had to start pitocin. Max was also positioned really odd so I soon had to lay on my stomach and boy was that the worst pain I had ever experienced. Matt was such a wonderful help. At one point I am pretty sure he made me think of some funny family guy clips that make me crack up. I also remember I had to let go of one of his hands I was holding it so hard.
At 5cm I had to give up and get the epidural. If I didn't have to lay on my side I am pretty sure I could have handled the contractions because when they were giving me the epidural I had a contraction and it was barely nothing but we had to have Max move so laying on my side was what we had to do.
The epidural was NOT fun. It hurt. bad. I was shaking and had to squeeze the nurses hand HARD. I felt pretty good though afterwards, everything felt like it was asleep lol.
It was relaxing time after that and Matt's family and mine arrived and we got to hang out some before it was time to start pushing.
I thought when you pushed the doc was in but we had to do pre pushing!
ANNNNND I just heard Max having a blow out....
To Be Continued!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahaha, this part 2 cracked me up... the way you ended it, "annnnd I just heard Max having a blow out..." Haha, sounds like mommyhood :)
ReplyDeleteWell, congrats dear friend! I'm so excited for you and Matt! Sending love your way...
Miranda