Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Birth Story Part 1 - 3/13/13

oh gosh, a lot happened!! I will do what i can to post my story in an appropriate time! I also write horribly and choppy....eh...so be it, judge all ya want :)

March 13th.


I felt a little off that day. My back hurt and I was just overwhelmingly happy for no reason. That's all I can remember. I had pizza for lunch and went and walked around Discovery Green to try to get labor started lol. I saw the biggest rat i have ever seen around that area and I hightailed it. Pretty boring day at work. Towards the end my back started really hurting and I remember having to stand and talk to Allison for a while.

My back ache didn't go away when I got off work and it usually does on my long car ride home... I thought that was odd so when I got home I took a ridiculously long shower.

I really wanted Taco Bell that night and upgraded from the mild sauce to the hot sauce to try to start labor lmao. That is a big step. I am not a hot sauce girl.

I was just flat out exhausted afterwards and actually fell asleep on the couch with Presley and Gabby around 6pm.

I woke up at 7:15pm....Water was coming out. Now I wake up like crazy when I feel like I need to pee my pants...I have peeing dreams all the time and one time...at age 22.....peed my pants in my sleep - I won't do that again....

so I quietly went to the bathroom and it just gushed. I was so confused. I went upstairs quietly and more water came out. I walked the the overhead area in our house on the second floor and told Matt that I think my water broke...He was in denial and so was I. Nothing hurt. I called the on call nurse and doctor and they told me to come on in.

We left really fast and I kissed the pugs but they were so confused. I called the parents and told them to come pick up the pugs and that we would let everyone know when we were progressing more.

We get to the hospital, I head to the ER and people freaked out that my water broke. I was so incredibly calm. Again, no contractions and no pain.

When we got to the birthing center I was hooked up  to the machines and still had water coming out...it was ridiculous. It turns out I had been having contractions for quite sometime...they were just in the upper right side.... I thought my back just hurt. When I would go back and think about it now I had contractions all day. She told us that we were officially admitted and were sent to a room! I believe we got in about 10pm.
yup. This was taken while we were waiting for a room. It was already past my bedtime. I don't know how those girls do it that look gorgeous right before and after they give birth but I wasn't going to try it lol

1 comment: