Matt thinks he had his cord around his neck and I guess it would make sense since when I had to push in the beginning his heartbeat would dramatically drop. So she got rid of the cord...Matt cut the cord and I got to hold him! Things got a little scary after that....
He made one noise and that was it. No crying. He just looked up at me.
and SMILED!
Everyone freaked out because he wasn't crying so they did all that they could do to make him cry and he wouldn't do it. More nurses came in and it was a little chaotic and they would not answer me when I asked if something was wrong. They came to the conclusion that he was fine and pink and just did not want to cry.
He received an apgar score of 8/10 and that was probably because he wouldn't cry. He did have a fever...but my temperature was also elevated.
he clocked in:
March 14th
9:10am
7lb 11oz
19.5 inches
Brown Hair
Gray Eyes
and SMILING :D
I unfortunately tore and am still recovering from that to this day. I was up for 44 hours before I got any sleep and Matt was up 42 hours.
To this day he rarely cries, farts like crazy, has hiccups, rarely spits up, has blow outs that are so audible and sleeps very well (except after 5:30am - that is his awake time!)
I know you're probably busy as heck these days, and when you're not busy, you're probably tired. Well... if you find the time, I'd love for yout to post some (a lot of) pics of Max!
ReplyDeleteHope you're doing well!